Author and Scriptwriter

'Among the most important writers of contemporary British horror.' -Ramsey Campbell

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Ellen Datlow's Best Horror of the Year #7: Honourable Mentions List

The seventh volume of Ellen Datlow's Best Horror Of The Year is with us! This is a good thing. Ellen's now published her full longlist of Recommended Reading/Honourable Mentions, which you can read here (A-L) and here (L-Z.)

While I'm not in it this year, I'm delighted to say that four of my short stories appear on the list:

'As White As Bone' (from Matter #13)
'Night Templar' (from Black Static #44)

'The Battering Stone' (from Horror Uncut)
'The Lowland Hundred' (from Dead Water)

Best of all, these were the only short stories I had published in 2014! I'd call that a pretty good success rate. :)


That's one of three things that's got the week off to a very good start at my end. The other two? Well, one was the story about David Cameron and the dead pig (I spent a great deal of Monday morning when I should have been working crying with helpless laughter) and the other? Well, watch this space for another announcement, coming later this morning....

No comments: