Author and Scriptwriter

'Among the most important writers of contemporary British horror.' -Ramsey Campbell

Wednesday 5 June 2019

What's New? with Yvy DeLuca


Yvy DeLuca describes herself as a delicious Yvycake made of up an assortment of ingredients designed to stimulate the mind, as well as satisfy a hunger for self-expression. As a proud Indian transgender woman, Yvy uses written and video blogs to talk about trans issues by using #LetsTalkAboutTrans and uses her social media to spread awareness and support for the LGBTQ community. Yvy grew up in Blackburn and currently resides in Salford, Greater Manchester, with her husband and their cats, Nyssa and Pirlo.


1. So, what’s new from you?
My debut book, Tainted Beauty, which is currently in it's final stages of proofreading before I get a release date!



2. How did it come about?
I decided that I wanted to tell my story as an Indian transgender woman and what I experienced going through my transition. I felt like I needed to tell my story because there are a lot of questions that society are afraid to ask, and in my book the reader will come away with more answers than questions...and one hell of a fabulous read!



3. Tell us about the process of how you created it.
I started writing my book during a time when I became very ill and was housebound. It gave me buckets of time to really process my life into a story and build a wonderful narrative that was heartfelt and unapologetic but also showcased my fun loving personality.



4. What was your favourite part of the process?
Watching my husband's reaction when he got the opportunity to really learn about what I have been through.



5. What was the toughest part of it?
Having to not only relive some of the darkest moments in my life, but then having to write them down in detail. It really drained my emotions to relive those memories.



6. Is there a theme running through it?
Be your authentic self and and respect others for who they are.



7. If you had to sum this book up in three words, what would they be?
ONE. ICONIC. STORY.



8. Where can/will we be able to get hold of it?
When released, it will be available at Amazon, WH Smiths, Waterstones and Barnes and Noble!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well firstly I am young, broke and fabulous...wait, wrong queen! This kween is defo on my 'to read' list!

Yvy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com