Yvy DeLuca describes herself as a delicious Yvycake made of up an assortment of ingredients designed to stimulate the mind, as well as satisfy a hunger for self-expression. As a proud Indian transgender woman, Yvy uses written and video blogs to talk about trans issues by using #LetsTalkAboutTrans and uses her social media to spread awareness and support for the LGBTQ community. Yvy grew up in Blackburn and currently resides in Salford, Greater Manchester, with her husband and their cats, Nyssa and Pirlo.
1. So, what’s new from you?My debut book, Tainted Beauty, which is currently in it's final stages of proofreading before I get a release date!
2. How did it come about?I decided that I wanted to tell my story as an Indian transgender woman and what I experienced going through my transition. I felt like I needed to tell my story because there are a lot of questions that society are afraid to ask, and in my book the reader will come away with more answers than questions...and one hell of a fabulous read!
3. Tell us about the process of how you created it.I started writing my book during a time when I became very ill and was housebound. It gave me buckets of time to really process my life into a story and build a wonderful narrative that was heartfelt and unapologetic but also showcased my fun loving personality.
4. What was your favourite part of the process?Watching my husband's reaction when he got the opportunity to really learn about what I have been through.
5. What was the toughest part of it?Having to not only relive some of the darkest moments in my life, but then having to write them down in detail. It really drained my emotions to relive those memories.
6. Is there a theme running through it?Be your authentic self and and respect others for who they are.
7. If you had to sum this book up in three words, what would they be?ONE. ICONIC. STORY.
8. Where can/will we be able to get hold of it?When released, it will be available at Amazon, WH Smiths, Waterstones and Barnes and Noble!