Author and Scriptwriter

'Among the most important writers of contemporary British horror.' -Ramsey Campbell

Saturday 22 August 2009

Everybody Ought To See This- It's Incredible

Recently I decided to start using this blog to draw folks' attention to things I liked or thought deserved to have the word spread about them. Well, there's only so much mileage in telling people how much I rule :)

Now, I hate reality TV and freakshows like Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor et al. But take a look at this. This is from the Ukrainian version of the show, and I defy anyone not to be moved and amazed by what this woman does. It's... well, it's sand animation. That's what they call it. No, I'd never heard of it either. But click the link and... just watch.

3 comments:

Mrs Pouncer said...

Simon, this is extremely old hat. On Swanage beach last week I created sand images of my aunt in profile, the Palace of Justice in Brussels, a stag at bay and the Beverley Sisters. Naturally, I was approached by a well-known sand impresario who offered me a twice-nightly at the Winter Gardens, Bournemouth, but I am far too busy and important for that sort of caper. Have a splendide bank holiday.

paul duncan said...

Hello Simon, I just finished your zombie novel Tide of Souls, and I must say I enjoyed it! Very cool, fast moving B movie fun, and the idea of submerged, watery zombies is a clever one. I'm going to check out some more of the Tomes of the Dead books on the strenght of your efforts, well done mush.

Simon said...

Hi Paul, and thanks for posting! Really glad you enjoyed Tide Of Souls.

Mrs P- And a great bank holiday to you too! Off shortly to attend a dear friend's wedding up in Saddleworth. No doubt I shall be the worse for wear later on...

PS- Paul, if you like short stories, you might enjoy 'Pictures Of The Dark'. Just a thought... ;)